The Haliburton Highlands are a beautiful place to spend the winter. The scenery is breathtaking and there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. Some of the activities include skiing, snowboarding, skating, and snowmobiling.
That being said, the region is also known to get cold & snowy winters, so it’s important to make sure your home is prepared for the winter before selling.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the benefits of having a winter-proof home, and provide tips on how to do it!
How can winter affect a home?
Winter weather can have a major impact on a home, especially if it’s not properly prepped. Some of the things that can happen are as follows:
- Water pipes can freeze and burst, causing extensive damage to the home.
- Roofs can leak, causing water damage to the ceilings and walls.
- Windows and doors can become frozen shut, making it difficult to get in or out of the home.
- Heating systems can stop working, leaving the home cold and uncomfortable.
- Moisture can build up in the walls, leading to mold and mildew growth.
Stick to the Professionals
If you’re looking to have your home or cottage winterized, it’s best to contact a professional. There are many companies that offer winterizing and insulating services, and they will be able to do the job quickly and efficiently.
Some of the things that these companies will do include:
- Checking all of the windows and doors for insulation and air leaks.
- Installing insulation around water pipes to help prevent them from freezing.
- Checking the roof for leaks and making repairs if necessary.
- Installing weather stripping around doors and windows to keep out the cold air.
- Inspecting the heating system and making repairs if necessary.
If you’re looking to have your home or cottage winter-proofed, be sure to contact a reputable company!
A Winter-Proofed Home: A Part of Any Homebuyer’s Checklist
When potential homebuyers are looking at a home, one of the things they will consider is how well the home has been insulated and prepared for the winter. If the home hasn’t been properly winterized, it could mean that there are some major repairs that need to be done. This can be a major turnoff for potential buyers and can affect the selling price of the home.
That being said, if you have taken the time to properly winterize your home, it will show potential buyers that you have taken care of the property and that there are no major repairs needed. This can be a major selling point and can help to increase the selling price of the home.
So, if you’re thinking of selling your home in the near future, be sure to protect it properly! It will make a big difference in how potential buyers view the property.
Let Us Know When We’re Needed!
Trillium Team will be standing by while you winterize your home before selling. If your home is already winter-proof, you’re a step ahead of the game!
Contact Trillium Team to help sell your home, so you can better enjoy the winter season in the beautiful Haliburton Highlands, while we take care of the sale!