As members of the Trillium Team, we are fortunate to experience the stunning beauty of
the Haliburton Highlands on a regular basis. The springtime brings a special kind of magic to
this region, with the trees starting to bud and the air warming up. If you’re lucky enough to be
spending the spring at your cottage in the Haliburton Highlands, you’ll want to make the most of
it by trying out some of these fun activities.
1. Go hiking and explore the surrounding nature. The springtime is a great time to enjoy the
outdoors, and you can take in the sights and sounds of the forest as the plants and animals
start to wake up from their winter slumber.
2. Take a canoe or kayak out on the lake. As the weather warms up, the lakes will start to
thaw, and you’ll be able to enjoy a peaceful paddle on the lake.
3. Go fishing. Many types of fish start to become active in the spring, so it’s a great time to
try your hand at angling.
4. Have a campfire and make s’mores. There’s nothing quite like huddling around a warm
fire with friends and family, roasting marshmallows and enjoying the great outdoors.
5. Go birdwatching. The spring is a great time to spot a variety of different bird species, as
many migratory birds return to Canada after spending the winter in warmer climates.
6. Take a bike ride. The spring weather is usually mild and pleasant, making it a great time
to go for a leisurely bike ride through the countryside.
7. Play outdoor games like frisbee, bocce, or horseshoes.
8. Go stargazing. The spring sky is clear and dark, making it a great time to lie back and
enjoy the stars.
9. Try your hand at gardening. The spring is the perfect time to plant a vegetable or flower
garden, and you can enjoy the fruits (or flowers) of your labor all season long.
10. Have a picnic. Pack a lunch and find a scenic spot to enjoy a leisurely outdoor meal.
11. Don’t forget to pack some cozy blankets and sweaters to keep you warm as you enjoy the
crisp spring air!
We hope that this list has provided some inspiration for ways to enjoy the springtime at your
cottage in the Haliburton Highlands. As members of the Trillium Team, we are passionate about
helping our clients make the most of their time in this beautiful part of the world.
If you’re thinking about buying or selling real estate in the Haliburton Highlands, we would love the
opportunity to help you achieve your goals. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more
about how we can assist you with your real estate needs.